COVID-19 On Site Protocols
Due to the risks of the Coronavirus, we must all follow stringent safety measures to protect ourselves and others while utilizing a shared space. Everyone entering the lab must follow these basic onsite protocols and procedures.
If you do choose use the facility, please understand that you are doing so at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to keep yourself and everyone around you safe from the virus.
A mask or face covering is required at IFL and within the Wrigley Building.
- While there is mixed advice and evidence on how effective various types of masks or face covering are, they are still consistently showing some kind of reduction in the spread of the virus.
- While using these masks can help prevent the spread of the virus, it is important to not slack on any of the other protocols for the space because you have a mask on. Face coverings are helping in conjunction with social distancing and constant washing of hand and surfaces, not as a replacement.
Maintain proper social distancing as you would in any space outside of your home.
- It is recommended that we stay at least 6ft apart at all times. We prefer a minimum of 10ft if stationary.
- No touching, hugging, hand-shakes, etc..
- Be overly-cautious of your coughs, sneezes, and any bodily fluids.
- Choose workstations as far as possible from others.
Ensure active ventilation within the space.
- Please turn on the large ventilation fan upon entry to the space.
- The switch is found in the Electrical Room outside of the lab doors, to the right of the stairwell.
- Turn the 6 hour timer to max and repeat regularly if you are within the space for long periods of time.
Wipe down all surfaces that you use, before AND after use.
- There are bottles of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol available at most workstations and in the front of the lab for your use.
- Spray a fine mist of surfaces and then let the disinfectant linger for at least 20 seconds before wiping off.
Wash your hands.
- Wash your hands as frequently as possible in the nearby restroom.
- Thoroughly scrub hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds, ensuring that you are washing your fingertips, underneath your fingernails, and all the way up to your wrists.
- Please do not touch your face.
PLEASE STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK OR ARE SHOWING ANY SYMPTOMS!
- Please do not come to the lab if you are sick as you will be putting others at risk.
- Please take care of yourself and reach out for help if needed, but please do not come to IFL if you are feeling ill.
- It is easy to get tested in San Jose through Project Baseline.