- This event has passed.
Introduction to Wood Shop
September 9 @ 6:00 pm - September 10 @ 9:00 pm | $150
NOTE: This class includes two sessions: 6-9pm on Thursday Sept. 9th AND 6-9pm on Friday Sept. 10th. You must attend both to be cleared on woodshop use as a member at Idea Fab Labs.
Introduction to Wood Shop is a two-part course in the essentials of a functional woodshop and general woodworking. This course includes an overview of woodworking technique, safe tool operation and maintenance and will culminate in hands-on experience on shop tools while participants work through select projects. No experience necessary.
General Safety and Hazards
- Head, Eyes, Nose, Mouth, Ears, Hands, Feet
General Wood Processing
- Cross Cut, Rip Cut, Plane / Surface, Joint, Sand, Drive/Drill, Route/Mould/Shape
Safe Tool Use
- Manual Hand Tools (Miter Saw, Hand Saw, Chisel, Screw Driver, Hammer)
- Automatic Hand Tools (Circular Saw, Drill, Palm Sander, Jigsaw, Router)
- Large Machinery (Table Saw, Chop Saw, Drill Press, Band Saw, Shaper, Belt Sanders)
What to Bring:
Your own gloves and a water bottle.
$150 total for two sessions.
None. Materials are included in class price.
16 years of age and over please.
Nick Slobodian is an IFL member and has worked for over 10 years as a builder, forester, sawyer, and agroforestry specialist. His vision is to build a sustainable forest products business that fosters growth not only in the forest but also in the communities that live within them.
Check out Nick’s website to learn more about his endeavors.