- This event has passed.
The Basics of Programming with LED Pixels Part 1
February 27, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm | $60
Want to learn the basics of programming? This class offers people the opportunity to begin learning the fundamentals of C++ in a fun and sensory rich way through LED Pixel pattern building via Arduino.
Overall, we will cover variables, functions, operators, basics of working with Arduino and it’s Development Environment (IDE), ‘IF’ statements, ‘FOR’ loops, and other relevant tools for making lights do fun things.
• Basic Arduino Setup.
• Basic Pixel Library Setup.
• C++ variables, functions, operators, logic statements, loops.
• By the end of the course we will have produced basic ‘strandtest’ output for LED pixels.
• The student should understand how to put data into variables [instantiation], write simple functions, understand basic operators.
What to Bring:
• An Arduino
• Laptop with USB cable for programming.
• LED Pixels -Neopixels/WS2812, WS2801, or WS2811 preferred. LED pixels or Arduino will also be available for purchase at Idea Fab Labs.
None, please come ready to learn!
Jordan has been programming for many years and with the advent of the IFL project and has been heavily involved in LED Pixel programming both for small sculptures and a large LED Ceiling installation.